Wytheville Farmhouse for Rent: Charming, secluded turn of the century home ideal for a relaxing family retreat - Property 905535
Farmhouse 5 bedrooms, sleeps 10
- Call Owner / Caretaker
772 260 2584
(International +1 772 260 2584)
- Property type:
- farmhouse, 2200 sq. ft.
- Location type:
- River, Waterfront, Water View, Beachfront, Waterfront
- accept credit card, pets considered, River, Waterfront, Lawn / Garden, Balcony, Fitness Room / Equipment, Air Conditioning, Internet
The Glade in Winter
The original Victorian farmhouse was built in 1910 and is completely updated.
The master with views of the garden and woods offers great birding from bed!
A bath with a view, a glass of wine, a quiet moment......heaven.
The ground floor bedroom is charming and looks out over Reed Creek and deck.
This upstairs bedroom is open and airy, and will charm any lady of any age.
Windows on three sides, this upstairs bedroom has plenty of fresh country air.
Rock a bit, reminisce, and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Large, open and airy the kitchen has a breakfast nook, dishwasher, and gas stove
Warm and welcoming the dining room will encourage leisurely meals.
Farmhouse and Cottage
A comfortable and private suite is available in the Cottage
Large trees and private trails offer cool peaceful hikes.
Less strenuous activity is also an option for the warmer days.
Generations have skipped the flat stones of Reed Creek...it continues today.
Wildlife is at home and the birdlife is abundant at The Glade.
Chillin' on a Summer afternoon.
The only access to The Glade is across Reed Creek on our private bridge.
View of Reed Creek from trail
View from decks in the afternoon is tranquilizing.
One of the charming spots at The Glade
This deep area in Reed Creek has been the area swimming hole for generations
Second full bath upstairs
Fresh fruit, herbs, berries, vegetables, and wild mushrooms are seasonal treats.
Location of Farmhouse 905535
Wytheville Farmhouse Availability
- Nov 21, 2013
- Special Offer
Wytheville Farmhouse Rates
- Rental Basis:
- per property
- Quoted In:
- US Dollars
|Name of Period||Begins||Ends||Weekly||Weekend||Weekend per night||Midweek per night||Extra Night||Monthly||Minimum Stay|
|Winter||Dec 2, 2013 -||Apr 1, 2014||$1,500||$825||$275||$225||$175||$4,000||3 Nights|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
- There are two rental options on the property, the 1910 Farmhouse with 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths and the cottage which is next to the Farmhouse which also has frontage on Reed Creek, a queen bed, new full bath, private deck with it's own propane grill, and mini-fridge. THE RATES DISPLAYED IN THE LISTING IS FOR THE FARMHOUSE ONLY.
The winter rate for The Farmhouse only is $1500. per week, $500. per weekend, or $225. per weekday.
There is a $125. cleaning fee, and $50. per pet fee per week or per stay if less than 1 week.
If both The Farmhouse and Cottage are rented together the weekly rate is $1700. during the winter season and $1900. during the peak seaon, with all fees still applicable, shorter stays when both are rented together would also enjoy reduced rates.
- The Cottage rates are $300. per week or $60. per night weekends, and $50. per night weekdays, there is a $30. cleaning fee, and a 10% sales and occupancy tax. Pets are permitted for an additional $15. per week or stay if less than a week. THE COTTAGE IS AVAILABLE AS A STAND ALONE RENTAL ONLY IF THE FARMHOUSE IS NOT RENTED SO AS TO PROVIDE PRIVACY TO THE FARMHOUSE GUESTS. WINTER RATES FOR COTTAGE ONLY APPLY FOR REDUCED WEEKLY RATE OF $275.
DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS AND MUST NOT HAVE A BLADDER PROBLEM, BE ON A FLEA PREVENTION PROGRAM, AND NOT BE A CHRONIC BARKER. DOGS MUST BE CRATED WHEN LEFT ALONE FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD (we can provide a large dog crate).
CHECK IN IS @ 3:00 p.m. AND CHECKOUT IS @ 11:00 a.m. UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE.
- Tax Rate:
Wytheville Farmhouse Amenities
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Water View
- Away From It All
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Gas Heating
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Towels Provided
- Water Cooler
- Toilet Paper
- Free Local Calls
- Linens Provided
- Secure Parking
- Wireless Internet
- Parking Off Street
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Gas Fireplace
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm Clock
- Local Activities Guide
- Free Long Distance
- Basic Soaps
- Alarm System
- Paper Towels
- Local Maps
- Iron & Board
- Split-System Heating
- Laundry Soap
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- seating for 8 people
- 3 BA, 1 half bath
Bathroom 1 -
Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, shared with 2 upstairs bedrooms
Bathroom 3 - toilet, provide toilet facilities for ground floor bedroom
Bathroom 4 - toilet, combination tub/shower, separate cottage
- The two full bathrooms in the farmhouse have beautiful antique claw foot tubs, and the master bath has a great view of the water from It's second floor windows, 4th bathroom is in the cottage which is a separate from Farmhouse. The cottage may be preferable for those unable to go up stairs, as it is all on ground level and is a complete suite with a modern bathroom and large tub / shower along with it's own deck and gas grill and mini-fridge.
- 5 bedrooms, sleeps maximum of 10 people
Downstairs BR -
ground floor but no bathing facilities, only powder room
Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, up stairs shares bathroom and bath
Bedroom 3 - 1 queen, up stairs shares bathroom and bath
Bedroom 4 - 1 queen, separate cottage with full bathroom
Master Bedroom - 1 king, up stairs separate bathroom shower & claw foot tub
- 3 of the 5 bedrooms are upstairs, one of the bedrooms is in separate cottage all are queen with the exception of the master which is a king size bed. Cottage which is a separate rental but one of the five bedrooms listed is a ground floor bedroom with full separate bathroom and bath, ideal for those who cannot climb stairs easily.
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games for Kids
- Books for Adults
- Video Library
- Books for Kids
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Outdoor Entertainment Area
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Walkway to Water
- Porch / Veranda
- Wood Deck
- Unscreened Porch / Veranda
- 10 garden chairs
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- live theater
- winery tours
- autumn foliage
- recreation center
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- wildlife viewing
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
If you wish to have your email address removed from the GreatRentals.com list, please click remove.
Call or Email the Owner of this Wytheville Farmhouse for Rent
For further information and to book this property, contact the owner, Owner / Caretaker
Please reference GreatRentals.com property 905535
- +1 772 260 2584 (owner's cell / call after 8 a.m and before 8 p.m)
- Alt. Phone:
- +1 540 494 2867 (Bill @ the property after 8 a.m and before 8 p.m)
- +1 772 223 9816 (owners fax)
- By Email:
- Email Owner (Please check availability before emailing, see above)
Click for help on Dialing Internationally
Language(s) Spoken: english, spanish
This advertiser has been with GreatRentals.com since 2011