Islesboro Island Cottage for Rent: Crow's Nest: 100 Year Old, Charming, Restored, Island Cottage - Property 178936
Cottage 2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
- Call Giovanna and David Peebles
(International +1 802 223-5045)
- Property type:
- cottage, 1200 sq. ft.
- Location type:
- Beach, Near The Ocean
- Beach, Near The Ocean, pets considered, DVD Player
100 year old Crow's Nest Cottage sits on a breezy, sunny knoll
Marvelous large sunny deck with views of the Meadow Pond Wildlife Refuge
Large deck makes for a perfect outdoor room from morning to night
Large sunny comfortable living room with views to the pond
Large, open sunny living area facing the Meadow Pond
Facing the dining area, a great spacious room for relaxing and dining
Spacious sunny kitchen with gas cook stove, part of the first floor open floor p
Large sunny master bedroom with all wool carpet, faces the Meadow Pond
A large comfortable bathroom
An old fashioned tub with a hand-held, English-made
A very private place surrounded by green woods and grass
One of the many deer that graze in the meadow behind the deck
Think 19th century Vermont on an island in Penoscot Bay
The front view of the cottage
One of the perennial gardens arouund the cottage (before the deer get to it)
Turtle Head Preserve makes for a marvelous hike and picnic area
Fabulous beaches & coves are nearby, like the public beaches at Pendleton Point
A fabulous southwest view from a trail along the Turtle Head Preseve
One of the terrific views along one of the Turtle Head Preserve trails
Working boats and wildlife (Bald Eagle), daily scenes along the Islesboro shore
Hutchins Island beach at high tide, a fabulous picnic place 3 minutes from home
One of the islands many wonderful historic buildings
Enjoy a day trip to Camden to watch boats, antique, browse shops, and eat
Eat lunch, grab an ice cream cone, shop for books & antiques in Dark Harbor
Location of Cottage 178936
Islesboro Island Cottage Availability
- Jun 14, 2013
- Special Offer
Islesboro Island Cottage Rates
- Rental Basis:
- per property
- Quoted In:
- US Dollars
|Name of Period||Begins||Ends||Weekly||Weekend||Weekend per night||Midweek per night||Extra Night||Monthly||Minimum Stay|
|June||Jun 15, 2013 -||Jun 28, 2013||$750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Notes:||SEPT 7 and after: $ 750/WEEK includes cleaning and trash removal.|
|Summer||Jun 29, 2013 -||Sep 6, 2013||$900||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Notes:||Includes cleaning and trash removal.|
|Fall||Sep 7, 2013 -||Sep 28, 2013||$750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Notes:||Includes cleaning and trash removal.|
|Winter||Oct 1, 2013 -||May 31, 2014||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Entire Season|
|Notes:||Cottage is fully winterized. Available October -May: INQUIRE. PLUS Utilities.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
- IMPORTANT: Weekly Rental Period Begins SATURDAY at 4:00 PM, ends the following SATURDAY at 10:00 AM
- Weekly rental rates include cleaning at the end of each week and trash removal.
In October, we will consider a 3 -day (minimum) weekend rental for $ 150 per night. This rate does NOT include cleaning - - we require an additional $ 75.00 cleaning fee for less than 1 week rentals.
Please Add 7% State of Maine Sales Tax.
$200 Security Deposit Required -- will be returned to you after inspection and after the telephone bill has been posted.
We only accept personal Checks or Cashier Checks. We are Not Taking Credit Cards at This Time. Thank you!!
- Additional Fees for Dogs: $100.00 per Week Rent for EACH Dog (max of 2).
Additional Security Deposit of $200.00 for EACH Dog.
May Rentals (when available): $ 600.00 per WEEK
WINTER RENTAL (Full Period): November through May: $ 600.00 per MONTH PLUS all utilities. We also ask for proof of renter's home insurance. Shorter winter rentals are negotiable but a higher monthly rental will be required.
- Tax Rate:
Islesboro Island Cottage Amenities
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Near The Ocean
- Away From It All
- Toilet Paper
- Ceiling Fans
- Paper Towels
- Washing Machine
- Alarm Clock
- Local Activities Guide
- Activities Guide
- Sofa Bed
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Clothes Dryer
- Local Maps
- Basic Soaps
- Lobster Pot
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- seating for 6 people
- 1 BA
Bathroom 1 -
- The cottage has one bathroom - - a wonderful old fashioned, bright, large bathroom with a great old tub and solid brass, European-made, hand-held shower unit. We call it the 'telephone' -- 'il telefono' -- remembering Giovanna's youth in Italy where such fixtures were the rule. The tub is surrounded by warm, pine paneling. Old fashioned pedestal sink.
- 2 bedrooms, sleeps maximum of 4 people
Bedroom 1 -
Bedroom 2 - 1 double
- Bedrooms: there are 2 bedrooms upstairs.....the master bedroom is a spacious, sunny room with queen bed facing the Meadow Pond. New large windows, cathedral ceiling, and ceiling fan. Cozy small 2nd bedroom has a double bed. High quality, comfortable mattresses. 100% wool Berber carpeting upstairs -- laid with tacks only, no glues -- throughout the bedrooms and hallway. We think it's important to get out of bed and walk slipper-less on a great carpet!! This is a smoke-free place. Extra Sleeping Accommodations: If friends come to visit, the living room has 2 comfortable futon couches with premium, queen-sized futon mattresses. We provide lots of pillows of various types and numerous blankets and quilts. We ask that you bring your own linens unless you are traveling from away. In that case, we can provide them for you.
- DVD Player
- Games for Kids
- Books for Kids
- Books for Adults
- Video Library
- Wood Deck
- Beach Chairs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- 4 garden chairs
- 2 beach chairs
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- sight seeing
- scenic drives
Islesboro Island Cottage Details
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website:
The contents of this form will be sent direct by e-mail to the advertiser. It is only to be used to inquire about booking this property. Any other use constitutes an abuse of GreatRentals.com systems. You may also receive our email newsletters targeted to your interests by GreatRentals. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.
This email goes direct to the advertiser. You should be notified within 30 seconds that it has been sent. GreatRentals also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers.
GreatRentals will also add your email address to its mailing list. This list is used exclusively by us for newsletters and notification of special offers. The GreatRentals mailing list is not given, sold, or lent to any third party.
If you wish to have your email address removed from the GreatRentals.com list, please click remove.
Call or Email the Owner of this Islesboro Island Cottage for Rent
For further information and to book this property, contact the owner, Giovanna and David Peebles
Please reference GreatRentals.com property 178936
- +1 802 223-5045 (after 6:00 PM and Weekends)
- Alt. Phone:
- +1 802 249-2794 (Cell )
- By Email:
- Email Owner (Please check availability before emailing, see above)
Click for help on Dialing Internationally
Language(s) Spoken: english, italian
This advertiser has been with GreatRentals.com since 2008