Guide to Uploading Photos
Automatic Photo Uploading
Photo Files Accepted
Automatic Photo UploadingDigital photos can be automatically uploaded from your personal computer into your GreatRentals listing. While not difficult to accomplish, it helps to follow these steps:
- Add Photo— Click “Upload photo” on one of the photo placeholders.
- Upload Photo— Your photo library pops up. Use the "Browse" and "Upload Photo" buttons to store up to 12 photos in your online photo library.
- Transfer Photo— Click on a photo in your photo library to transfer it to a photo placeholder in your listing. New photos cannot be approved until this step is completed.
- Edit Arrangement— If you wish, you can use the arrows to re-arrange your photos in the placeholder. You can also write and edit a caption for each photograph.
- Save— Click “Save Changes” to fix the photos and captions in the placeholder.
- Order— 12 photos are included in the HomeAway Network price. For non-HomeAway Network listings, the first four photos come free with the listing; the additional 8 photos can be purchased for $30.
Photo images must be in .jpg (JPEG) format, otherwise, you should open them in a photo editing software package and then save them as .jpg images.
Ideally, each photo file should be between 200 and 500 kilobytes (kb) in size or have a maximum of 1000 pixels in each dimension. The smallest image size that can be posted is 320x240 pixels and the largest file size that you can upload is 5MB. However, we recommend reducing image sizes to less than that so that travelers will not have to wait for your photos to load.
Images can be either portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal) in orientation. GreatRentals will not accept very long or very thin images because they do not reproduce well on the Web.
- Please include your name and property number and send to:
3801 S. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 150
Austin, TX 78704