Guide to Featured Listings
What is a Featured Listing?As a Featured Listing, your property thumbnail photo and summary appear in rotation for one of five prime positions on a location-specific landing page. Five new Featured Listings display each time a landing page is refreshed. Travelers can see your Property Details page by clicking on your Featured Listing thumbnail photo. It's an easy way to boost hits and inquiries for your listing.
Example:If you buy a Featured Listing for your Destin, FL vacation rental, your property appears in rotation for one of five positions on the following:
- Destin Area landing page
- Florida Panhandle landing page
- Florida landing page
- USA landing page
Why Buy a Featured Listing?
- Increase online exposure for your property during the months and seasons of your choice for more inquiries and bookings.
- High level placement of your property thumbnail and summary is especially advantageous for advertisers in areas dense with vacation rental competition.
- Enjoy huge savings as a HomeAway Network advertiser. Your Featured Listing appears on all four Network sites for the regular price of $29 per one month.
How to PurchaseSign in to your Owner home page and click "Buy" under Featured Listing or click "Buy Featured Listing" on the Special Offers/Featured Listings tab. Then proceed to checkout. Featured Listings cost only $29 for one month.
Disabling Your Featured ListingYou can disable your Featured Listing on the Special Offers/Featured Listings tab by checking "Disable". Note that this does not change the original expiration date of your Featured Listing. To enable the Featured Listing again, simply uncheck the box.
Maximize Responses to Your Featured ListingOnce you have purchased a Featured Listing for your property, take time to update your listing and draw in those travelers that visit the geographical landing pages.
- Photos— use all twelve photo placeholders to illustrate your property. See GreatRentals's Guide to Uploading Photos for further help.
- Thumbnail— highlight your property's best selling point with your thumbnail photo, as it is the focal point of the Featured Listing.
- Headline— make it short and enticing; this displays below your thumbnail photo on the landing page.
- Calendar— mark all dates as "booked" or "available"; try to avoid any "unknown" dates.
- Amenities— verify that the property type, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, maximum occupancy and amenities checkboxes are accurate.
- Contact— verify the contact name, phone numbers and e-mail address to which inquiries are sent on the Contact tab.