Helford House for Rent: Helford River, Waterfront, dog friendly, avail High Summer from 29/6 - 26/7 - Property 984
House 3 bedrooms, sleeps 6
- Call Kate and Ben Kirby
(0)1326 221 297
(International +44 (0)1326 221 297)
- Property type:
- Location type:
- Rural, Waterfront, Near The Ocean
- Near The Ocean, Rural, Waterfront, Lawn / Garden, Terrace, Balcony, pets considered, Internet, Satellite / Cable, Television
Afternoon in March on The Helford at Bishops Quay
BQ bass boat Mid March Morning on The Helford River.
June evening from the living room
Portraits, paintings, plenty of atmosphere
A corner of the living room
Cheery kitchen for cooks
The master bedroom with king size bed
Wonderful views from warm and comfortable beds
Beds, boats, birds and books..
Setting sun from big bedroom bay window
Lovely old family furniture
Granny's dressing table
Stormy skies, birds on the beach opposite.
Bass boat and fishing boat
Looking down on the lawn and patio by the creek
Marigolds from the meadows
A home full of nautical history on The Helford River
A serene autumn sight
Crabbing from the quay is fun
The old house from the waterfront garden
Bishops Quay from the air
As you arrive....
The large extra bedroom suite has its own bathroom tv, balcony and river views.
A nearby beach walk at Gunwalloe on a dramatic day
Location of House 984
Helford House Availability
- May 19, 2013
- Special Offer
Helford House Rates
- Rental Basis:
- per property
- Quoted In:
- British Pounds
|Name of Period||Begins||Ends||Weekly||Weekend||Weekend per night||Midweek per night||Extra Night||Monthly||Minimum Stay|
|High Summer hols||Jun 29, 2013 -||Jul 5, 2013||£1,800||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Summer||Jul 6, 2013 -||Jul 26, 2013||£2,300||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Late Summer||Sep 21, 2013 -||Oct 4, 2013||£1,300||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Autumn half terms||Oct 19, 2013 -||Oct 25, 2013||£1,400||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
|Autumn hols||Nov 2, 2013 -||Dec 13, 2013||£750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||3 Nights|
|Christmas/New Year||Dec 14, 2013 -||Jan 3, 2014||£1,800||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
|Winter||Jan 4, 2014 -||Feb 14, 2014||£750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||3 Nights|
|Feb Half term||Feb 15, 2014 -||Feb 21, 2014||£1,100||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
|Late Winter||Feb 22, 2014 -||Mar 7, 2014||£750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||3 Nights|
|Spring||Mar 8, 2014 -||Apr 11, 2014||£900||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Easter||Apr 12, 2014 -||Apr 25, 2014||£1,600||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
|Early Summer||Apr 26, 2014 -||May 2, 2014||£900||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|May 3, 2014 -||May 23, 2014||£1,300||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
|May Half term||May 24, 2014 -||May 30, 2014||£1,800||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Summer||May 31, 2014 -||Jul 4, 2014||£1,600||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Summer School Hols||Jul 5, 2014 -||Sep 5, 2014||£2,300||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Late Summer||Sep 6, 2014 -||Sep 12, 2014||£1,800||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Early Autumn||Sep 13, 2014 -||Oct 24, 2014||£1,300||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|October Half Term||Oct 25, 2014 -||Oct 31, 2014||£1,500||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1 Week|
|Autumn||Nov 1, 2014 -||Dec 19, 2014||£750||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||3 Nights|
|Christmas/New Year||Dec 20, 2014 -||Jan 2, 2015||£1,800||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5 Nights|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
- All prices quoted are per week and should be checked on booking.
I am happy to discuss all aspects of your bookings with you, with flexible dates and arrangements all possible, do just ask. If it is close to the date that you are interested in, I can sometimes offer a special 'late deal' reduction to suit us both. Similarly with the use of the extra bedroom suite.
Short Breaks available out of season at a daily proportion of the weekly rate. 3=70%, 4=75%, 5=80%, 6=90%.
There is a reduction for couples out of season of £50 per week, excluding short breaks.
No extra charge for dogs.
Sky Sports + is included too.
The kayaks, canoes are available all year around. The wooden rowing boat and sailing dinghy are put away from after October half term until Easter week. All year around, a motor bass boat ready for you to use, just keep a note of your outings; we ask you to pay for fuel used according to length of trips.
So, no hidden extras - even the phone is free for lo
- Flexibility – the chance to book a large extra bedroom/studio suite to spread your group out over more rooms.
Guests at BQ have the option of using a large extra bedroom. The light and airy bedroom suite (20’ x 11’) is part of the original house, across from the main door into BQ - or accesible through an internal door - having king size bed, ensuite bath, shower +loo, television, desk, tv/dvd, outside door, full bookshelves, balcony with views up and down river. An extra 1/3 of the weekly rental rate will secure this extra space. In the high summer weeks we prefer the house used to the full - we expect most guests to take advantage of the extra space then.
Choosing to take this extra room enables three couples to stay with more room at the house without using the bunk beds. It is available most weeks. Please contact us for further details and availability. This arrangement should not be used to accommodate a larger number of guests. The house sleeps up to 6 + a baby.
- We don't charge for your logs, they are provided free, cut from our own meadows and woods, as many as you need. Bags of dry, seasoned, split wood are kept ready in the utility room. You can choose to have a fire whenever you fancy; guests enjoy this at any time of year. Cheerful on a dark afternoon, restorative after being out on the water, tea and toast, wine and nibbles, just the ticket!
There is effective oil central heating and hot water from a newly installed, hardworking, modern boiler; yours to control 24/7, with efficient radiators in every room. You can set their temperatures independently too. The windows are double glazed where appropriate - the house had been assessed for energy efficiency and has modern low energy light bulbs again where sensible.
Locally, cosy pubs and top class restaurants will serve you with hot soup after lunchtime walks in the winter and delicious home cooked meals in the evenings. We can advise on making bookings in advance.
Helford House Amenities
- house (detached)
- Near The Ocean
- Away From It All
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Laundry Soap
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Wireless Internet
- Parking Off Street
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Local Maps
- Toilet Paper
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Activities Guide
- Local Activities Guide
- Cooking Utensils
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Mini Refrigerator
- 4 Ring Stove
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- seating for 8 people
- 1 BA, 1 half bath
Main bathroom -
Cloak room - toilet
- The bathroom upstairs has a large hand basin, mirror, shaving point, heater, 2 heated towel rails, loo, bath with wall rail and electric shower over. The downstairs cloakroom has a hand basin, mirror and loo. If you take the extra bedroom it also has a bathroom with corner bath, electric shower over and loo, heated towel rail and radiator. The water is hot 24/7 and runs from the oil fired boiler. There is an immersion heater for emergency back up. Light and airy the main bathroom has a window as does the cloakroom. The en suite bathroom has a fan. Many bath and hand towels, also mats are provided with more in the airing cupboard if needed.
- 3 bedrooms, sleeps maximum of 6 people
Master bedroom -
Bunk room - 2 twin/ single
Twin room - 2 twin/ single
- 1 double with King Size Bed, One Twin with two 3' singles, One Bunk bedroom, 1 cot. Also - If you wish to spread out, maybe 3 couples or teenage children there is a large extra bedroom on offer to add to the accommodation. The light and airy extra bedroom (20’ x 11’) is just a step across from the main door into and has a king size bed, en suite bath, shower and loo, tv+ dvd, nautical and fiction library, hot drinks facilities, separate outside door and a balcony with views up and down river. Choosing to take this extra room would enable three couples to stay. without using the bunk beds. This room can also be accessed internally from the main holiday house. It has proved useful and popular. The extra bedroom suite is available most weeks, the cost is 1/3 of the total over the normal weekly rental price.It is not let separately. This suite cannot be used to accommodate a larger number of guests. Six adults/children plus a small baby are the maximum that can stay here.
- Games for Kids
- Books for Adults
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Music Library
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Books for Kids
- Walkway to Water
- Boat Dock
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Boat with Paddles
- Kayak / Canoe
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- 6 garden chairs
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- children welcome
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- theme parks
- botanical garden
- nude beach
- recreation center
- live theater
- horseback riding
- sight seeing
- bird watching
- scenic drives
The contents of this form will be sent direct by e-mail to the advertiser. It is only to be used to inquire about booking this property. Any other use constitutes an abuse of GreatRentals.com systems. You may also receive our email newsletters targeted to your interests by GreatRentals. You can reference our privacy statement for more information.
This email goes direct to the advertiser. You should be notified within 30 seconds that it has been sent. GreatRentals also keeps an archive copy as a back-up for advertisers.
GreatRentals will also add your email address to its mailing list. This list is used exclusively by us for newsletters and notification of special offers. The GreatRentals mailing list is not given, sold, or lent to any third party.
If you wish to have your email address removed from the GreatRentals.com list, please click remove.
Call or Email the Owner of this Helford House for Rent
For further information and to book this property, contact the owner, Kate and Ben Kirby
Please reference GreatRentals.com property 984
- +44 (0)1326 221 297
- +44 (0)1326 221 142 (during office hours)
- By Email:
- Email Owner (Please check availability before emailing, see above)
Click for help on Dialing Internationally
Language(s) Spoken: English
This advertiser has been with GreatRentals.com since 1998